The Mexico Ozone Depleting Substances Project Protocol provides guidance to quantify, report, and verify GHG emission reductions associated with the destruction of ozone depleting substances (ODS) sourced from Mexico and destroyed at facilities in Mexico. The protocol was adopted by the Reserve Board in April 2015.
- Mexico Ozone Depleting Substances Project Protocol Version 1.0 (April 28, 2015) (English)
- Mexico Ozone Depleting Substances Project Protocol Version 1.0 (April 28, 2015) (Español)
- Mexico Ozone Depleting Substances Project Protocol Summary (English)
- Mexico Ozone Depleting Substances Project Protocol Summary (Español)
The Mexico ODS Project Protocol underwent a public scoping process to evaluate the feasibility of adding new eligible refrigerants for CRT issuance from destruction. The refrigerants assessed were HCFC-22, HFC-134a, HFC-125, HFC-32, and HFC-143a.
The scoping paper for the assessment of potentially eligible ODS is available for review below:
- Mexico ODS Scoping Paper – English (January 15, 2020)
- Mexico ODS Scoping Paper – Español (January 15, 2020)
The Reserve hosted a public scoping webinar on December 6, 2019 to discuss the potential update with interested stakeholders.
Mexico ODS Public Scoping Meeting (conducted in Spanish)/Evaluando el Potencial de Actualizar el Protocolo de Sustancias Agotadoras de Ozono para México
Protocol Development & Previous Versions
Use the link below to access information about the original protocol development process for the Mexico ODS Project Protocol. Public comments, staff responses to public comments, workgroup participants, and other supporting documents can also be found here.
Click the link below to access more information:
- Version 1.0 (April 28, 2015)
Please contact [email protected] with questions or comments.