Organic Waste Composting Project Protocol Revision
The Organic Waste Composting (OWC) Project Protocol is undergoing a revision to consider improvements and changes to the protocol, including incorporation of errata, clarifications, and feedback received since Version 1.0 was released. A draft of the revised protocol is available below for public review and comment.
- Organic Waste Composting Project Protocol V1.1 for Public Comment (May 17, 2013)
- Organic Waste Composting Project Protocol V1.1 for Public Comment – redline (May 17, 2013)
- Summary of Proposed Changes from OWC Project Protocol V1.0 to V1.1
Public Comment Period
The Reserve welcomes stakeholder feedback on the draft protocol. Please submit written comments by using the form below. Comments are due by 5:00 PM PDT on Monday, June 10.
Public Comment Webinar
The Reserve is hosting a webinar open to all interested stakeholders to discuss the proposed changes to the protocol on Wednesday, May 29 from 10:00 – 11:30 am PDT. The Reserve will use feedback from the webinar along with written comments received during the public comment period to inform decisions about the proposed changes.
Organic Waste Composting Project Protocol Version 1.1 Public Comment WebinarMay 29, 2013
10:00 – 11:30 am PDT
Register here: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/411478168
The Reserve hosted a consultation on October 25, 2012 to discuss specific improvements and changes to the OWC Project Protocol, specifically:
- Characterization of mixed municipal solid waste (MSW) streams originating at a materials recovery facility (MRF)
- Documentation requirements for grocery store waste streams
- Compost process monitoring requirements
- Other protocol issues that stakeholders would like the Reserve to consider during the update process
The Reserve used feedback from the consultation to inform revisions to the protocol.
Please contact Max DuBuisson with questions or comments.