Rice Cultivation Project Protocol Development
The Rice Cultivation Project Protocol underwent a technical revision to incorporate errata and clarifications released since the adoption of Version 1.0, as well as editorial changes to improve the usability of the protocol and clarify guidance in many sections of the protocol. See the summary of changes document below for a complete list of revisions made to the protocol.
- Rice Cultivation Project Protocol Summary of Changes from Version 1.0 to Version 1.1
- Protocol Overview Public Webinar Presentation (June 19, 2013)
- Protocol Overview Public Webinar Video (June 19, 2013)
- Rice Cultivation Project Protocol Version 1.0 (December 14, 2011)
- Errata and Clarifications to Rice Cultivation Project Protocol Version 1.0 (January 29, 2013)
- Rice Cultivation Project Protocol Summary
The Reserve began scoping agriculture protocols in October 2010 and began actively developing the Rice Cultivation Project Protocol in January 2011. The technical workgroup met from January to October 2011 to refine the draft protocol. A public workshop was held in late October to discuss the draft protocol which was available for public comment through October and November. The final protocol was approved by the Reserve Board on December 14, 2011.
|California Agriboard, LLC||Debbie Reed|
|California Climate & Agriculture Network||Deloitte Consulting LLP|
|California Rice Commission||Michael Wara|
|Christina Tonitto||The Climate Trust|
|Climate Wedge Ltd.||U.S. Environmental Protection Agency|
The Reserve hosted a public workshop in Sacramento, CA, on October 24, 2011 to provide a venue for feedback on the draft Rice Cultivation Project Protocol. The workshop materials are available below.
|California Rice Commission||NRG Energy|
|Carbon Solutions America||Terra Global Capital|
|Deloitte Consulting||Trinity Carbon Management, LLC|
|Environmental Defense Fund||UC Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|ibLaunch Energy, Inc.||U.S. Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service|
|National Wildlife Federation||U.S. Environmental Protection Agency|
Tuesday, October 4
In Person Workgroup Meeting: Los Angeles
Monday, June 6, 2011
Rice Cultivation Project Protocol Version 1.0 Workgroup Draft (June 2, 2011)
References for Rice Cultivation Project Protocol Version 1.0 Workgroup Draft (June 2011)
General agriculture protocol development background papers are available below.
- Options for Determining the Additionality of Agriculture Projects (September 30, 2010)
- Quantification Options for Agriculture Projects (September 30, 2010)
- Options for Managing CO2 Reversals (September 30, 2010)
- Technical Working Group on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (T-AGG) Reports: Mitigation Potential of Agricultural Land Management in the U.S.