The Reserve is seeking a Manager for its Analytical Team to support its services as the highest quality provider of carbon credits in the growing global carbon market. The Manager will manage development of new greenhouse gas offset protocols, help maintain and update existing protocols, and support the review of project reporting documentation of emissions reductions/removals projects under program standards.
More specifically, the Manager’s duties include the following tasks below. These duties should be seen as a starting point and may evolve over time based on interests and experience.
- Directly manage or support the development of project protocols including: assessing project typologies for potential protocol development, developing expertise in specific sectors/technologies, creating and managing project timeline and deliverables, drafting protocol documents, and responding to inquiries regarding protocols.
- Directly manage or support the management of multi-stakeholder workgroups including: facilitating workgroup discussion and input on protocol development issues, preparing documents for and communicating with workgroup members and technical contractors, leading conference calls, meetings, and public workshops.
- Communicate externally by presenting protocols to stakeholders, industry groups, government
agencies, and the Reserve’s Board of Directors.
- Manage and refine existing protocols on an ongoing basis, including: managing protocol updates and expansions, and staying abreast of GHG reporting and sector-specific developments nationally and internationally.
- Act as approving manager to support program implementation including: approving project submittals, variances and verification reports, conducting oversight and audit activities, and supporting stakeholder trainings.
- Provide program support, including evaluation and development of program resources and support of project reporting and verification activities including development of reporting & verification forms.
- Serve as lead technical resource to Account Holders and Staff for policy interpretation, methodology and clarification issues.
- Provide official approval for listing new projects, variance determinations and verification reports.
- Manage develop of project verification and project developer training programs, including curriculum development, and other programmatic outreach.
- Accountability and dependability – takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Results focus, initiative and self-management – focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Manages own/team’s time, priorities, and resources to complete work assignments and help achieve organizational goals.
- Relationship building – clearly communicates policy and technical concepts, orally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences.
- Relationship building – builds constructive working relationships and engages tactfully and diplomatically with coworkers and external stakeholders.
- Teamwork – promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goal and deliverables.
- Strategic planning – identifies and prioritizes tasks and resources needed to achieve goals. Anticipates the impacts and risks of decisions and actions.
- BA/BS degree (MA/MS degree preferred) in natural or environmental science, engineering, public policy, economics, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of directly related professional experience (up to a maximum of 1 year of experience can be met by demonstrating at least 2 years of directly related internship experience OR by having a directly related Master’s degree).
- Demonstrated knowledge of greenhouse gas accounting, climate change policy, emissions trading, and carbon offsets.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Spanish and/or Mandarin is desired, but not required.
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S. preferred
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and skills. The Climate Action Reserve offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package. Salary range for this position is 70,000-90,000 USD annually.
The position is opened until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Climate Action Reserve is an equal opportunity employer. The Reserve does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnic origin, or any other classification protected by law, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
The Reserve is committed to an inclusive work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity. It supports fair treatment and equal opportunity for all Reserve staff, and respects and values the talents and contributions of all individuals.