- U.S. Adipic Acid Production Protocol Version 1.0 (September 30, 2020)
The public comment period ended on August 31, 2020. The Reserve responded to all comments received in the summary below.
- Summary of Comments and Responses on the draft U.S. Adipic Acid Production Protocol V1.0
- Public Comments from ClimeCo Corporation
- U.S. Adipic Acid Production Protocol Version 1.0 – Draft for Public Comment (July 31, 2020)
Public Comment Webinar
The Reserve hosted a public webinar on August 12, 2020 to discuss the draft protocol and solicit public comments.
The U.S. Adipic Acid Production Protocol was developed through the Reserve’s multi-stakeholder workgroup process. Workgroup member organizations are listed below.
|ClimeCo Corporation||Ruby Canyon Engineering, Inc|
U.S. Adipic Acid Production Protocol V1.0 Workgroup Meeting 2
November 13, 2019
U.S. Adipic Acid Production Protocol Version 1.0 – Workgroup Draft for Comment
Issue Paper and Proposed Protocol
- Proposed U.S. Adipic Acid Production Protocol – Submitted by ClimeCo (October 26, 2019)
- Adipic Acid Production Issue Paper (October 3, 2019)
This issue paper, developed by ClimeCo, reviews the potential to reduce GHG emissions and generate voluntary offset credits, or Climate Reserve Tonnes (CRTs), by creating a U.S. Adipic Acid Production Protocol through the Climate Action Reserve. It summarizes the existing literature, reviews data and quantification methodologies related to adipic acid emissions abatement, and leverages lessons learned from historical international projects. Because adipic acid production and GHG abatement technology closely mirrors the production and abatement of GHGs from nitric acid production, this issue paper relies heavily on the Reserve’s existing U.S. Nitric Acid Production Protocol.
Public Scoping Meeting
The Reserve hosted a public scoping meeting on September 17, 2019. The presentation slides and meeting video are available below.
Please contact [email protected] with questions or comments.