The Mexico Ozone Depleting Substances Project Protocol provides guidance to quantify, report, and verify GHG emission reductions associated with the destruction of ozone depleting substances (ODS) sourced from Mexico and destroyed at facilities in Mexico. The protocol was adopted by the Reserve Board in April 2015.
- Mexico Ozone Depleting Substances Project Protocol Version 1.0 (April 28, 2015) (English)
- Mexico Ozone Depleting Substances Project Protocol Version 1.0 (April 28, 2015) (Español)
- Mexico Ozone Depleting Substances Project Protocol Summary (English)
- Mexico Ozone Depleting Substances Project Protocol Summary (Español)
The Mexico ODS Project Protocol is undergoing a public scoping process to evaluate the feasibility of adding new eligible refrigerants for CRT issuance from destruction. The refrigerants that will be assessed are HCFC-22, HFC-134a, HFC-125, HFC-32, and HFC-143a.
The draft scoping paper for the assessment of potentially eligible ODS is available for review below:
- Mexico ODS Scoping Paper – English (December 5, 2019)
- Mexico ODS Scoping Paper – Español (December 5, 2019)
The Reserve is hosting a public scoping webinar to discuss the potential update with interested stakeholders. See meeting details and registration below.
Mexico ODS Public Scoping Meeting
Friday, December 6
9:00 am – 12:00 pm PT
Protocol Development & Previous Versions
Use the link below to access information about the original protocol development process for the Mexico ODS Project Protocol. Public comments, staff responses to public comments, workgroup participants, and other supporting documents can also be found here.
Click the link below to access more information:
- Version 1.0 (April 28, 2015)
Please contact [email protected] with questions or comments.