The U.S. Rice Cultivation Protocol provides guidance on how to quantify, monitor, and verify GHG emission reductions resulting from changes in water and residue management in rice cultivation. The protocol was first adopted by the Reserve Board in December 2011.
- U.S. Rice Cultivation Protocol Version 1.1 (June 3, 2013)
(This protocol document is a packaged pdf. To view the document, please save the file > Show in Folder > then open the pdf from within the file folder.)
- Errata and Clarifications to U.S. Rice Cultivation Protocol Version 1.1 (January 21, 2014)
- U.S. Rice Cultivation Protocol Summary
- User’s Guide for the DNDC Model (Version 9.5)
Project Registration Documents
|Rice Cultivation Project Submittal Form||A proposal to undertake a rice cultivation project.||Project Submittal||Public|
Protocol Development & Previous Versions
Use the links below to access information about the protocol development process of the U.S. Rice Cultivation Protocol. Public comments, staff responses to public comments, workgroup participants, and other supporting documents can also be found here.
Click a version of the protocol below to access more information:
- Version 1.1 (June 3, 2013)
- Version 1.0 (December 14, 2011)
Please contact the Reserve with questions or comments.