The Reserve Offset Program Manual summarizes the Reserve’s overarching principles, its general project accounting guidelines, and its rules and procedures for registering projects and creating offset credits. It also describes the process used by the Reserve to develop protocols for carbon offset projects.
- Reserve Offset Program Manual (November 12, 2019)
- Reserve Offset Program Manual Summary of Changes (November 12, 2019)
A public comment period was held from September 3, 2019 to October 4, 2019 while the Reserve Offset Program Manual was undergoing revision. No public comments were received during this time.
The Reserve may release policy memos that update or replace guidance in the Reserve Offset Program Manual, protocols, and other guidance documents. These memos are considered effective on the date they are posted on the Reserve website. All account holders and verification bodies will be notified if a policy memo is released.
- Verification Body Requirements Memo – Mexico Forest Protocol (September 16, 2019)
Memorándum de Requerimientos de Órgano Verificador – Protocolo Forestal para México (16 de septiembre de 2019)
- Forest Verifier Training Requirements (September 14, 2017)
- Monitoring and Reporting Activities for Forest Projects with Credits at Both ARB and the Reserve (April 6, 2017)
- Registry Offset Credits – Retirement or Conversion to CRTs (September 20, 2016)
- Forest Project Reporting and Verification Requirements (May 19, 2016)
- PIA and PIA Amendment Agreement and Recordation Policy (October 20, 2015)
- Risk Factors for Water Quality Regulatory Violations at Livestock Facilities (September 1, 2015)
- Effect of New Waste Diversion Mandates on Reserve Projects (Seattle, California) (January 14, 2015)
- Manufacturer Recommendations for Meter Maintenance (December 12, 2013)
- Requirements for Project Diagrams (February 13, 2012)
- Use of eGRID Electricity Emission Factors for All Project Protocols (May 3, 2011)
- Immediate Crediting of Future Avoided Emissions (September 7, 2010)
Verification Program Manual
The Reserve Verification Program Manual provides verification bodies with a standardized approach for the independent and rigorous verification of GHG emission reductions and removals. It gives insight into the verification process, the requirements for conducting verification (like accreditation and training), conflict of interest and confidentiality provisions, and the expected core verification activities.
- Verification Program Manual (February 8, 2017)
- Verification Program Manual Summary of Changes (February 8, 2017)
Previous Versions of the Reserve Offset Program Manual and Verification Program Manual
Use the links below to access past versions of the Program Manual and Verification Program Manual:
- Program Manual:
- Verification Program Manual:
Please contact the Programs Team with questions or comments.