Soil Enrichment Protocol Version 1.0
Protocol development was funded by Indigo Ag.
- Soil Enrichment Protocol Version 1.0 (September 30, 2020)
- Soil Enrichment Protocol Version 1.0 Summary
- Summary of Revisions to Model Cal_Val_Ver Guidance (September 16, 2020)
Second Public Comment Period
The second public comment period was held from August 11, 2020 to August 25, 2020. See below for the draft protocol released in August 2020, the summary of comments and responses from Reserve staff, as well as the submitted comments in their entirety.
- Soil Enrichment Protocol Version 1.0 – Draft for Public Comment (August 11, 2020)
- Soil Enrichment Protocol Version 1.0 – Redline from April Draft to August Draft
- Model Calibration, Validation, and Verification Guidance for Soil Enrichment Projects (August 11, 2020)
Second Public Comment Webinar
The Reserve hosted a webinar on August 18, 2020 to discuss the draft protocol, revisions made since the first public comment period, and to solicit further public comments.
First Public Comment Period
The first public comment period was held from April 17, 2020 to May 18, 2020. See below for the draft protocol released in April 2020, the summary of comments and responses from Reserve staff, as well as the submitted comments in their entirety.
- Soil Enrichment Protocol Version 1.0 – Draft for Public Comment (April 17, 2020)
- Model Calibration, Validation, and Verification Guidance for Soil Enrichment Projects (April 17, 2020)
* This comment was submitted by a workgroup member referencing the workgroup draft of the protocol.
First Public Comment Webinar
The Reserve hosted a webinar on April 29, 2020 to discuss the draft protocol and solicit public comments.
The Soil Enrichment Protocol was developed through the Reserve’s multi-stakeholder workgroup process. Workgroup member organizations are listed below.
|Alliance of Crop Soil and Environmental Science Societies||OpenTEAM, Wolfe’s Neck Center for Agriculture and the Environment|
|California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA)||Salk Institute|
|Colorado State University||SES, Inc.|
|Continuum Ag||Shell International Exploration and Production Inc.|
|C-Quest Capital||Sierra View Consulting|
|Delta Institute||The Nature Conservancy|
|Goodson Ranch LP||TREES Consulting LLC|
|Indigo Ag, Inc.||University of California, Berkeley|
|Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University||Viresco Solutions Inc|
|NativeEnergy||Woods Hole Research Center|
|Natural Resources Conservation Service||World Resources Institute|
Following a request for such information, the Reserve is providing the following tabled summary of existing relationships between workgroup members and Indigo Ag, who funded this work.
|Jonathan Sanderman||Woods Hole Research Center||WHRC soil lab processed samples from some of Indigo’s research sites. Dr. Sanderman also consulted on experimental designs for Indigo’s research teams. Both activities were compensated.|
|Ken Newcombe||C-Quest Capital||Informal advisor to Indigo as it builds its carbon business.|
|Max DuBuisson||Indigo Ag, Inc.||Employee.|
|Mitchell Hora||Continuum Ag||Participant in Indigo Carbon, recent small cash prize in the Carbon Cup competition.|
|Robert Parkhurst||Sierra View Consulting||Paid for consulting services to Indigo on a topic unrelated to the SEP.|
|Tom Cannon||Goodson Ranch LP||Participant in the Indigo Research Partners program, no cash payments.|
Note: Remuneration from Indigo Ag to listed parties has totaled $90,000 (excluding remuneration of Indigo Ag employee Max DuBuisson).
- Soil Enrichment Protocol – Draft V1.0 for Workgroup Review (March 30, 2020) *
- SEP Model Validation & Verification Guidance – Draft v1.0 for Workgroup Review (March 31, 2020) *
* Not for public comment
Public Scoping Meeting
The Reserve hosted a public scoping meeting on January 15, 2020 to discuss this new project type.
- Soil Organic Carbon Scoping Paper (September 23, 2019)
- Soil Enrichment Protocol Workgroup Statement of Interest
Please contact [email protected] with questions or comments.