Program Manual Public Comment Period
The Climate Action Reserve has released a draft updated Program Manual for public review and comment. Changes include clarifying the process for renewing crediting periods; expanding options for projects seeking verification extensions; and documenting the process for avoiding double counting, accepting stakeholder input on projects, and interactions with other GHG programs. A redline version of the manual is available below, as well as a summary outlining significant changes from the September 2015 version of the Program Manual. Comments should be emailed to [email protected] by 6:00 pm PT on Friday, October 4, 2019.
- Program Manual – Draft for Public Comment (September 3, 2019)
- Program Manual – Redline Changes from September 2015
- Program Manual Summary of Changes
The Reserve held a public webinar on September 19, 2019 reviewing the summary of changes. Please see the slides and webinar recording below:
- Presentation slides
- Webinar recording: (Please enter your name and email address below to access the webinar recording)
The Climate Action Reserve Program Manual summarizes the Reserve’s overarching principles, its general project accounting guidelines, and its rules and procedures for registering projects and creating offset credits. It also describes the process used by the Reserve to develop protocols for carbon offset projects.
The Reserve may release policy memos that update or replace guidance in the Program Manual, protocols, and other guidance documents. These memos are considered effective on the date they are posted on the Reserve website. All account holders and verification bodies will be notified if a policy memo is released.
- Verification Body Requirements Memo – Mexico Forest Protocol (September 16, 2019)
Memorándum de Requerimientos de Órgano Verificador – Protocolo Forestal para México (16 de septiembre de 2019)
- Global Warming Potential (GWP) (May 1, 2018)
- Forest Verifier Training Requirements (September 14, 2017)
- Monitoring and Reporting Activities for Forest Projects with Credits at Both ARB and the Reserve (April 6, 2017)
- Registry Offset Credits – Retirement or Conversion to CRTs (September 20, 2016)
- Forest Project Reporting and Verification Requirements (May 19, 2016)
- PIA and PIA Amendment Agreement and Recordation Policy (October 20, 2015)
- Risk Factors for Water Quality Regulatory Violations at Livestock Facilities (September 1, 2015)
- Effect of New Waste Diversion Mandates on Reserve Projects (Seattle, California) (January 14, 2015)
- Manufacturer Recommendations for Meter Maintenance (December 12, 2013)
- Requirements for Project Diagrams (February 13, 2012)
- Use of eGRID Electricity Emission Factors for All Project Protocols (May 3, 2011)
- Immediate Crediting of Future Avoided Emissions (September 7, 2010)
Verification Program Manual
The Reserve Verification Program Manual provides verification bodies with a standardized approach for the independent and rigorous verification of GHG emission reductions and removals. It gives insight into the verification process, the requirements for conducting verification (like accreditation and training), conflict of interest and confidentiality provisions, and the expected core verification activities.
- Verification Program Manual (February 8, 2017)
- Verification Program Manual Summary of Changes (February 8, 2017)