The Climate Action Reserve Program Manual summarizes the Reserve’s overarching principles, its general project accounting guidelines, and its rules and procedures for registering projects and creating offset credits. It also describes the process used by the Reserve to develop protocols for carbon offset projects.
The Reserve may release policy memos that update or replace guidance in the Program Manual, protocols, and other guidance documents. These memos are considered effective on the date they are posted on the Reserve website. All account holders and verification bodies will be notified if a policy memo is released.
- PIA and PIA Amendment Agreement and Recordation Policy (October 20, 2015)
- Guidance on the Assessment of Regulatory Compliance (September 1, 2015)
- Risk Factors for Water Quality Regulatory Violations at Livestock Facilities (September 1, 2015)
- Effect of New Waste Diversion Mandates on Reserve Projects (Seattle, California) (January 14, 2015)
- Manufacturer Recommendations for Meter Maintenance (December 12, 2013)
- Quantitative Materiality Threshold Clarification (August 29, 2013)
- Lead Verifier Training and Certification (January 10, 2013)
- Forest Projects with Easements and Other Encumbrances that Impact the Forest Carbon (November 15, 2012)
- Use of eGRID Electricity Emission Factors for All Project Protocols (May 3, 2011)
- Immediate Crediting of Future Avoided Emissions (September 7, 2010)
Verification Program Manual
The Reserve Verification Program Manual provides verification bodies with a standardized approach for the independent and rigorous verification of GHG emission reductions and removals. It gives insight into the verification process, the requirements for conducting verification (like accreditation and training), conflict of interest and confidentiality provisions, and the expected core verification activities.
- Verification Program Manual (December 20, 2010)
- Verification Program Manual Summary of Changes (December 20, 2010)