The Mexico Forest Protocol is undergoing a policy revision to Version 2.0. The protocol revision will include reassessing the Version 1.5 Performance Standard Test and Secondary Effects calculation for improved forest management activities, adopting a new quantification methodology for small urban forest activities and silvo-pastoral and agroforestry activities, incorporating previously released errata and clarifications, and updating language and protocol guidance concerning reporting periods, verification periods, crediting periods, and QA/QC. The protocol will be presented to the Reserve’s Board of Directors in January 2020.
The draft protocol and accompanying tools are available for public review and comment below.
- Mexico Forest Protocol Draft Version 2.0 for Public Comment (November 12, 2019)
- Protocolo Forestal para México Versión 2.0 Borrador para Consulta Pública (12 de noviembre de 2019)
- Summary of Changes from V1.5 to V2.0 (Coming Soon)
Public comments must be submitted to [email protected], preferably in Word format, by COB on December 13, 2019. Comments will be posted online and formally responded to by Reserve staff.
The Reserve is hosting a free public webinar to discuss the revisions to the Mexico Forest Protocol:
Mexico Forest Protocol Public Comment Webinar (in Spanish)
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
9:00 am – 11:00 am PT
The protocol is being revised through an expert stakeholder review process. If you are interested in participating in a more involved capacity to review the draft protocol prior to the public comment period, please email [email protected].
Protocol webinars are open to the public. Interested stakeholders may join the workgroup calls as an observer in listen-only mode. Observers will not have the ability to participate in workgroup discussions but will be able to stay informed by listening to the conversations as they unfold. If you would like to participate as an observer and receive meeting notices, please email [email protected]. Protocol meeting dates will also be posted here, as soon as they are scheduled.
Mexico Forest Protocol Workgroup Meeting 1 (in Spanish)
October 30, 2019
- Mexico Forest Protocol Version 2.0 – Working Draft Sections 1-3 (Español) (October 17, 2019)
- Mexico Forest Protocol Version 2.0 – Working Draft Sections 4-6, App A-C (Español) (October 22, 2019)
- Mexico Forest Protocol Version 2.0 – Working Draft Sections 7 (Español) (October 29, 2019)
- Mexico Forest Protocol Version 2.0 – Working Draft Sections 8 (Español) (October 31, 2019)
- Mexico Forest Protocol Version 2.0 – Working Draft Sections 1-3 (English) (October 17, 2019)
- Mexico Forest Protocol Version 2.0 – Working Draft Sections 4-6, App A-C (English) (October 22, 2019)
- Mexico Forest Protocol Version 2.0 – Working Draft Sections 7 (English) (October 29, 2019)
- Mexico Forest Protocol Version 2.0 – Working Draft Sections 8 (English) (October 31, 2019)
** Workgroup draft protocols were not open for public comment
Below is a tentative timeline for protocol development. The Reserve will update this timeline as needed.
|Convene Workgroup (WG) & Staff Begins Update Analysis||October 2019|
|WG Meeting (Webinar)||October 30, 2019|
|Staff Revises Draft – Incorporating WG Feedback||November 2019|
|Public Comment Period||November-December 2019|
|Public Comment Meeting (Webinar)||November 26, 2019|
|Staff Revises Draft – Incorporating Public Feedback||December-January 2019|
|Final Protocol Adoption by Reserve Board||January 2020|