The Landfill Project Protocol provides guidance to quantify, report, and verify GHG emission reductions associated with installing a landfill gas collection and destruction system at landfill operations. The protocol was first adopted by the Reserve Board in November 2007.
- Landfill Project Protocol Version 4.0 (June 29, 2011)
- Errata and Clarifications to U.S. Landfill Project Protocol Version 4.0 (June 18, 2015)
The U.S. Landfill Project Protocol is currently undergoing a policy revision to Version 5.0.
- Public scoping webinar
We are hosting a public meeting via webinar to discuss a number of specific potential update ideas, and to solicit information and feedback from interested stakeholders.
Landfill Project Protocol Public Scoping Webinar
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
9:00 am – 10:00 am PT
Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6468785740605527809
We encourage all interested stakeholders to join us, including representatives and experts from:
• The waste management sector
• Local, state, and federal agencies involved in waste management or air quality management
• Environmental advocacy organizations
• Carbon and energy project development organizations
• Project verification bodies
- Protocol workgroup
The Reserve will soon be kicking off the protocol workgroup process in order to discuss potential revisions to the performance standard as well as other updates to protocol guidance. If you are interested in participating in the workgroup, please fill out the form below and submit it by October 12, 2018 to [email protected].
Protocol Development & Previous Versions
Use the links below to access information about the original protocol development process and previous versions of the Landfill Project Protocol. Errata and clarifications, public comments, staff responses to public comments, workgroup participants, and other supporting documents can also be found here.
Click a version of the protocol below to access more information:
- Version 4.0 Performance Standard Analysis Update (March 18, 2013)
- Version 4.0 (June 29, 2011)
- Version 3.0 (December 2, 2009)
- Version 2.1 (October 14, 2009)
- Version 2.0 (November 18, 2008)
- Version 1.0 (November 29, 2007)
Please contact the Policy Team with questions or comments.