The Landfill Project Protocol provides guidance to quantify, report, and verify GHG emission reductions associated with installing a landfill gas collection and destruction system at landfill operations. The protocol was first adopted by the Reserve Board in November 2007.
- Landfill Project Protocol Version 4.0 (June 29, 2011)
- Errata and Clarifications to U.S. Landfill Project Protocol Version 4.0 (June 18, 2015)
The U.S. Landfill Project Protocol is currently undergoing a policy revision to Version 5.0. Please click the link below for details on the protocol revision and workgroup process.
Protocol Development & Previous Versions
Use the links below to access information about the original protocol development process and previous versions of the Landfill Project Protocol. Errata and clarifications, public comments, staff responses to public comments, workgroup participants, and other supporting documents can also be found here.
Click a version of the protocol below to access more information:
- Version 4.0 Performance Standard Analysis Update (March 18, 2013)
- Version 4.0 (June 29, 2011)
- Version 3.0 (December 2, 2009)
- Version 2.1 (October 14, 2009)
- Version 2.0 (November 18, 2008)
- Version 1.0 (November 29, 2007)
Please contact the Policy Team with questions or comments.