The Climate Action Reserve has developed an agriculture sector Nitrogen Management Project Protocol to provide guidance on how to quantify, monitor, and verify greenhouse gas emission reductions from improving nitrogen use efficiency in crop production. The protocol was first adopted by the Reserve Board in June 2012.
- Nitrogen Management Project Protocol Version 1.1 (January 17, 2013)
- Summary of Changes from Version 1.0 to Version 1.1
- Nitrogen Management Project Protocol Summary
The Nitrogen Management Project Protocol is currently undergoing a policy revision to Version 2.0. Information about the protocol revision, workgroup, and workgroup meetings are available via the link below.
Protocol Development & Previous Versions
Use the links below to access information about the protocol development process of the Nitrogen Management Project Protocol. Public comments, staff responses to public comments, workgroup participants, and other supporting documents can also be found here.
Click a version of the protocol below to access more information:
- Proposed Protocol Expansion (December 2013)
- Version 1.1 (January 17, 2013)
- Version 1.0 (June 27, 2012)
Please contact the Policy Team with questions or comments.